Legrand 056674 – 32A 3P+N+E 415V IP66 INTERLOCKED SWITCHED SOCKETS & SURFACE MTG. BOX 5M DX3 PROTECTION
The electrical sector has been booming multi-fold over the last few years. The electrical cables are the existing central nervous system of this industry. Commercial, Industrial and Domestic sectors, all comprise of electrical cables. Bringing electricity to the premises of these sectors, many small yet inevitable accessories also known as wiring accessories are used. They provide safety to the system along with the much-needed finishing touches.
Below listed are some of the most important wiring accessories and their uses:
- Switch: Just as the name suggests, it is the on and off mechanism of electrical supply. The switch when turned off discontinues the flow of electricity by creating a gap in-circuit completion. Conversely, when the switch is turned on the circuit is completed and electricity flows. Every appliance, machinery, and device needs a switch.
- Main Switch: As opposed to a switch that is responsible for individual devices, machinery, and appliance; the main switch is responsible for controlling the electrical supply of the entire area. ICDP or Iron-Clad Double Pole main switch is used in single-phase set-ups whereas ICTP or Iron-Clad Triple Pole main switch is used in three-phase set-ups. This comes extremely handy in case of an electrical hazard or emergency repair.
- Sockets and Plugs: For the equipment and appliances to work, they have to be connected to the electrical grid. Sockets and plugs enable this process. These are available in various shapes, designs, and sizes. The sockets also vary in voltage and the type of connectors. The plugs as the name suggests are the electrical insertions into the sockets. They act as the carrier bridge between appliance/equipment and the socket.
- Lamp holder: Just as the name suggests, the lamp holder is used to mount a lamp. These mechanically and electrically connect the lamp to the electrical grid. They come in various forms including angle, batten, bracket, pendant, push-pull, etc. For a lamp holder, a lamp holder plug is used.
- Ceiling Rose: These are only installed where the electrical supply does not exceed 250 volts. Also, the ceiling rose installation does not have a fuse wire.
- Fuse and Circuit Breaker: Both are safety accessories for an electrical circuit. When current higher than the safety standards pass through the electrical circuit, the metal wire heats, and melts. This is called a fuse. Whereas, in the same case scenario the circuit breaker trips when excessive current passes through the circuit. The metal used in a fuse comprises tin or copper or silver or aluminum. The circuit breaker works as a switch.
Vashi Electricals is the authorized distributor for various switchgear and wiring accessory brands such as SIEMENS, LEGRAND, and ABB. These brands offer quality products at competitive pricing. They have trusted world leaders and mark innovation benchmarks. Buy wiring accessories from anywhere in India at the best prices.