RCBOs (Residual current circuit breaker with overload protection) have gained momentum in various domestic and commercial arenas. They combine the qualities of MCBs and RCCBs and are commonly used in low voltage power distribution set-ups. RCBOs protect against electrical mishaps such as sparking, earth leakage currents, and shocks.
Unlike MCBs, which is often confused with RCBOs, the RCBOs provide protection against earth fault. With the dual ability to monitor the current flow and the return flow, they form an intricate part of the circuitry.
An RCBO is usually integrated with an electric switch and is designed to break the electrical circuit if the current surpasses the permissible limit. This can be caused during a short circuit or overload caused due to multiple devices.
The RCBOs are integrated with an electronic switch and designed for the transfer and breakage of currents under normal service conditions for the opening of contacts when the residual current is of a certain level under defined conditions. These devices are also made for protection against overloading and short-circuiting.
SIEMENS RCBOs Unique Features:
- Clear and visible conductor connection to simplify control
- Excellent wiring space enables easy insertion of conductor and accessibility
- The surge current withstand capability of over 1 kA ensures safe and reliable operation
ABB RCBOs Unique Features:
- Easy troubleshooting on the network and reduced downtime
- Easy to install, thus saving time in wiring operation
- Compliant with local standards and wide range of codes
Vashi Electricals is the largest channel partner with over 42 + years of expertise in the electrical and power transmission arena. We enable tatkal delivery PAN India in 65 + locations with our 1 million sq. ft. area dedicated to the logistics. Our team of 1000 members works efficiently to deliver customer delight from selection to delivery.